The Motel even made it back for season 10
Fortnite season 10 continues to take a tour through past seasons, and this patch it’s all about season 6’s floating island, which returns as a map location. Alongside the island, this content update also adds a new trap.
The floating island is exactly what it sounds like, an island that floats around the map. Though it’s always high in the sky, players can reach it, either by landing on it, or by running below it and using its vortex to fly into the air and reach the top. What’s waiting for players at the top is slightly different this time around. Instead of the Loot Lake house, the long lost Motel now sits on top of the island. The Motel was once an unnamed point of interest on the map, but Epic removed it when it brought in The Block.
The other addition arriving in this content update is the new Zapper Trap. This trap is actually a throwable item, but it does stick to walls just like regular traps do. When you throw it into a wall it places an electrical trap on either side of the wall. The trap itself takes about a second to arm, then deals damage to any enemy standing in front of it.
For a look at all the changes coming to Fortnite with the v10.20 content update you can see the full patch notes below.
FORTNITE PATCH V10.20 CONTENT UPDATE
WEAPONS AND ITEMS
Added the Zapper Trap.
- This item is a thrown consumable and occupies an inventory slot.
- On impact, the thrown object deploys a damaging trap on both sides of a building piece.
- Upon impacting terrain, it automatically builds a wall and then deploys a damaging trap on both sides of the wall.
The traps shock enemy players who are within a tile of their face.
The traps have a 1-second deploy time before they can be triggered.
When triggered, the traps have a 0.5-second delay before firing.
After the traps have fired, they have a cooldown of 2 seconds before they can be triggered again.
- Epic Rarity.
- Found from Floor Loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 2.
- Max stack size: 4.
- The Floating Island has returned and is slowly making its way around the map!
- Though separated from the land below, it can be accessed via its low-gravity vortex.
From hotfix on August 27
- Removed the overheat sound from the Minigun.
- This was to address an issue in which the overheat sound would play longer than intended and/or incorrectly represent the overheat value.
From hotfix on August 28
- Made changes to Turbo Building. The details of these changes can be found in our blog post.
From server on August 29
- Resolved an issue in which the names of POIs would not appear on the map.
From server on August 31
- Resolved an issue with the B.R.U.T.E.’s Air Stomp.